11. april 2012

Spring outing with Selin


I hooked up with a new model in March for some initial get-to-know-you shooting in a local park here in Oslo.

Selin is absolutely not a newcomer in this game, as she has been modeling for some time now. Although we do share some common friends, our paths have not crossed before this shoot, so it was interesting to hook up and collaborate on a fun-shoot like this.


Selin, Canon 1v with Canon 135 F2 L
loaded with Fuji Neopan 400 ISO
Scan from print on AGFA MCP 312 RC paper



I think the shoot worked out well, although the park still had some watery snow-slush here and there and the winds on that particular day really made it tough to use my location-flash setup.

Anyway, even though the winds and the melting snow did it's best to increase the stress-levels, the shoot went very well I think.

Especially the last frames we shot on the bridge in the park came out great, as I got some help of some thin clouds diffusing the light very nicely.

I also got the chance to shoot some frames with my Canon 1v, loaded with Fuji Neopan 400 ISO film, which I developed in Tetenal Ultrafin 1+20. The photo on the left is a scan from a actual print I made in the darkroom.
(The AGFA paper has been remade by ADOX, so it is available)







Here are some of the main shots we did. They were mostly processed in Lightroom and then I ran a self-made action in Photoshop, to create the tonality and contrast you see on the finished photos.

Park-bench rim-light, Canon 1ds mk II with Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS USM
Relaxing on the bridge, Canon 1ds mk II with Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS USM
A friendly smile, Canon 1ds mk II with Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS USM

I really hope to work more with Selin later on other ideas and projects, as I like how she use her facial expressions a lot, her ethnic background really gives here that unique look and she is a really nice person too off course. =)

Visit Selin's page on facebook and become a fan ^^

"See y'all on the flip side" ^^



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar