21. oktober 2014

On the beach with Nicky

As mentioned in my last blog-etntry, I did two beach-related shoots at Hvaler, this second entry, relates to my shoot with miss Nicky Namnam .

This shoot was done a couple of days after the first shoot, luckily the conditions were fairly similar, nice sunshine, not too many clouds, the wind was also slightly less intense. This also meant that I didn't have to worry too much about my flash-rig toppling over from the wind.

The equipment I used, was also the same as the previous shoot, but I dropped a few redundant items, that I noticed I really didn't have any use for last time, like one extra studio-flash + flash-tripod, one octabox, one Canon 400mm 4.5L, power-cords and some bits and pieces. This made it easier to actually move around and lug all my stuff on location.

The shoot setup then, consisted of my Canon 5d mk III, my Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS, one Alien Bee 1600,  one weighted boom, one large, white beauty-dish, one Vagabond mini battery-pack + cords and triggers for the whole lot.

Nicky, blonde for the occasion (not sure what she is these days, as she change her style ever so often ^^), brought with her some cool clothes, hair-bandana, some cool sunglasses  and even a brand spanking new bellybutton-piercing =)

I did some of the same types of settings as I did previously, ie. walking towards the camera, glancing out to the sea, generally posing while walking parallel to the shoreline.

However, we also did some artsy-poses at the same time, to mix it up a little.

Playing with the waves
Canon 5D mk III, Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS

Fabric display
Canon 5D mk III, Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS


Nicky did some clothing magic and style changes, and we continued with a few similar shots, but we also moved onto the sand and into the water.

Sand-diva
Canon 5D mk III, Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS


Checking out the water
Canon 5D mk III, Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS

Cool pose
Canon 5D mk III, Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS

Here I created a new type of duo-tone black/white version of one of the shots, I think this style fit Nicky well, giving her an ethereal, marble-skin and almost statue-like look, especially with those eyes ^^


Thoughs
Canon 5D mk III, Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS

After all the fun with various outfits, we did some bikini-shots as well. She brought her US of A-kini ^^ , which not only look cool, it also fit her body perfectly.

So, with the red, white and blue, coupled with tanned skin and blonde hair, we got cracking, first in the water.


Testing the water
Canon 5D mk III, Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS


Stylish beach-babe
Canon 5D mk III, Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS


Then some sandy ones, trying to make it slightly different from the previous shoot, regarding poses and angles, while still retaining some of the same style.


Owing the sand
Canon 5D mk III, Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS

The look
Canon 5D mk III, Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS

Last shot is one of those dual-toned versions again, very strange but lovely mood in those, I like it in this partcular shot as well, as the face/pose/setting is really cool and controlled.


As a round-off for this shoot, we did some romance-style shots as the sun was setting. As is typical with Nicky, we also did some weirder ones as well, while we were at it :)

Italian style veil glance

Mysterious woman in fog


Golden sunset hue


It was a nice trip and shoot, as always. :)

I've known Nicky for a few years now (many when I think of it), and it is always cool to meet up and have a chat, laugh and a shoot together, I am sure we'll work again on some weird or interesting idea in the future as well. ^_^

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar